Eragon Headquarters Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to EragonHQ's official fan forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
http://eragonhq.weebly.com/ - GO THERE - Matt ~ EHQ
Latest topics
» Latest crack software ftp download
How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:55 am by asasq112

How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 am by asasq112

How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 am by asasq112

How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:53 am by asasq112

How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:52 am by asasq112

Top posters
Zeb (4559)
How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_lcapHow Bad Was The Movie I_voting_barHow Bad Was The Movie I_vote_rcap 
Simply Aravelle (3017)
How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_lcapHow Bad Was The Movie I_voting_barHow Bad Was The Movie I_vote_rcap 
eragon5217 (3010)
Emster (2608)
Fish Head (2554)
Rahl (2542)
Domia abr Wyrda (2063)
Elliot (1243)
DeltaFlip (976)
geniusevil (954)

How Bad Was The Movie

Go down 
+20
theman838
slyonion
Emster
eragon5217
kaibo
dman2231
Mattias
God's better half
Domia abr Wyrda
Rahl
Simply Aravelle
DeltaFlip
Ashley
TempestWings
Pat Brookhouser
Eragon
Zeb
neolunar12
TheShadow
Elliot
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Rating out of 10 for the movie?
How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_lcap41%How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_lcap6%How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_lcap18%How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_lcap6%How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_lcap12%How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_lcap17%How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_lcap0%How Bad Was The Movie I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Elliot

How Bad Was The Movie Empty
PostSubject: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:25 pm

The movie was an utter let down for Eragon fans wasnt it? How the hell are they going to do Eldest the movie now when they have screwed the first one up sooooooo badly and now there is no chance they can do it none of the things tie in right like at the end Ayra heading of to Ellesmera!! i mean lol how that isnt how it ends. Just wanted to know what you thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eragonhq.com
TheShadow

PostSubject: I wish i could have given it a -45567657   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:40 pm

I was horrid!!!!!!! affraid Question what where they thinking?
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: Agreed   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Although if you pretend not to have read the books and look at is as if it is a movie on its own i dont think it is that bad.
Back to top Go down
neolunar12

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 pm

well,if you HAVE read the books,then it seems alot worse than it really is...but my sister,who hasn't read them,thinks it stank too...
i'm giving it a 3 out of 10,but thats being generous because it deserves a negative 2. To have an Eldest movie, they would have to come out with a new edited edition of the first one, and THEN make Eldest,or totllay ruin the Eldest movie. But if they did either one,I still wouldn't watch it.
Back to top Go down
http://neolunar12.wordpress.com
Elliot

PostSubject: meh   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:10 am

Well i have read the books and i thought the movie was okey so you know, but it still had alot of stuff missing...
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Well...   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:14 am

I think that we should think of this as fanfiction. That's what it really is. It has characters from the Inheritance, but it adds, removes, and changes so much of the book, I say we have them rename it "Fox's interpretation of Eragon" or something. Or we can just beat them over the head with our copies of Eldest...
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: :)   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:38 am

Yes i like that idea they really did mess it up and i agree it should be counted as fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
Eragon

Eragon

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:25 am

I seriously don;t think a single person on the movie staff actually read th book. I think they just looked at the Sparknotes version of the book and worked off of that. It was the worst book interpretation I have ever seen. Major let-down. It also could have been much longer, seeing as it was like an hour and a half. they even could have split it into multiple movies. terrible job.
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: yes   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:31 pm

Yes lol it was pretty bad for a book to movie sort of thing but oh well not all can be perfect, though some blame has to go to Paolini because he should have looked over it and said if it was okey or not.
Back to top Go down
Pat Brookhouser

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:06 am

Ja, I was utterly disappointed by this movie. As a book to movie, it was atrocious, hardly following even the BASIC plot. Also, even as an action movie, it was pretty pathetic. If I were part of the movie staff, I would hide my face in shame!

The movie ruined one of my favorite parts, the battle at Farthen Dur. I had envisioned it as an epic battle fought by vast legions. The movie depicted it as more of a light raid. Did anyone else share my views on that?
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: es   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:15 pm

It was under budgeted lol, they added that thing with durza to make it not as much of a boring fight scene.

And i agree they didnt even follow the BASIC story line, Galby doesnt WANT to kill him in the books and all of a sudden in the movie its like yer yer he wants to kill him! i mean whats going on with that.
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: I know....   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Though it's true that they couldn't make huge battles and whatnot with a small budget, they really can't excuse ALL OF THESE CHANGES. It's crazy... I can't beleive that they did this bad. Even I could write a better script then this.
Back to top Go down
TempestWings

TempestWings

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:07 pm

I waited over three years for that movie...I followed every single piece of news to do with it, I made a folder of each and every movie image that was released when it was in production, I skipped school to go on opening day and I painted my face, hands, and dressed completely in blue (except for my shoes...so I taped blue construction paper to them!). I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the movie!!! affraid It - was - horrible!!! Even when they tried to add in elves, dwarves, and urgals, all they did was put some face paint on the urgals, and do nothing to the elves and dwarves, not even some simple pointed ears or shortness!!! Then they wanted us to sympathize with the tall, bearded guy with the staff who was part of the leadership in the Varden...but they never even told us who he was!!! They all expected fans to know that he was...either Orik or H'rothgar...the whole movie was a scam to get people's money!!! AHHH!!!
Back to top Go down
http://avaloncast.forumotion.net/
Pat Brookhouser

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:44 am

Wow, and I thought I was upset about that. You deserve an award!
Back to top Go down
Ashley

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:24 am

I also thought that they messed up the movie alot...I just have to think of it as a compleatly story or else when I read the book the story and characters are all screwed up. I mean...just from the fact that Eragon is 17 insted of 15 is messed up. They just did it for the money! Evil or Very Mad it was really horrible
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Fox   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:48 am

I'm just suprised that a good company like Fox would do something like this.
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: Both   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:55 am

Both Fox and C.P has to take the blame tbh.
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: It's not CP's fault   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:41 pm

I'm pretty sure that Fox had all of the rights to the Eragon movie, and CP had no influence at all. If he had been the director or something, he could have probobly saved the movie.
Back to top Go down
TheShadow

PostSubject: I hate the movie!   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Bad movie, Bad! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DeltaFlip

DeltaFlip

PostSubject: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 3:16 am

Not epic enough, inCREDIBLY corny, and the way Saphira got about 5 times bigger in half a second? ...I was ashamed to have seen it.
Back to top Go down
Simply Aravelle

Simply Aravelle

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:17 am

Poor poor movie. The budget was 100 million, but I don't think Stefen spent wisely. Saph was cool, and I liked the cast(except Arya, whose hair should have been black! She had to die it for the movie, so why couldn't she have died it red instead?!) It was Fangmeir's 1st movie, but I think they should have chosen a more experienced director.(Imagine if Steven Spielburg had done it...*jaw drops in awe*) I liked the movie portrayl of Brom better though. I could never Brom being as old and frail as the book portrayed him. In tyhe movie, he looked old, but strong. And I liked Eragon, even though he was blond. Would you believe they considered Elijah Wood and Shia Laboef for the role of Eragon? Just try to stay on the positive side of the movie, and try to think of other ways they could have screwed it up. (They were gonna make Saphira have fur. Yes, FUR!) If you focus on the positive side, you'll realize it isn't so bad, just don't compare to the book! *strangles herself trying not to compare, and passes out*
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.shurtugal.com/viewuser.php?uid=5139
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: *gaspeth!*   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:14 pm

*gasp* Aravelle is dead! Oh... *checks pulse* Okay, she's just passed out.
They really had 100 million bucks?! It looked like it had a much smaller budget.
Arby, this is the "How Bad was the Movie" thread. So QUIT BEING SO POSITIVE. jk. I think that we can all agree that, though there were some good things in the movie, the bad things overshadowed them by far.
Back to top Go down
Simply Aravelle

Simply Aravelle

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 am

*is still unconscious but would say* Well, if it wasn't for the movie, I'd never read the book. I got a mvie cover copy. That's how I found out about it, so I owe some loyalty to it. *I would say this, but I'm unconscious, remember?* Wink
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.shurtugal.com/viewuser.php?uid=5139
Rahl

Rahl

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:51 am

It was horribe!!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation affraid affraid affraid Sleep Sleep Crying or Very sad saph grew way to fast and brom when i read the book i imagined him just as a cool old man with lots of cool stories and cool knicknaks. when i saw the movie brom was like a warior not the old man i saw him as and eragon, i'm not even going there. But if they did it like they are doing the seventh harry potter movie then it would be a good movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theridersclub.co.cc
Domia abr Wyrda

Domia abr Wyrda

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 8:49 am

i gave it a 2 because it sucked but it did have great potentiall so yeah a 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Bad Was The Movie   How Bad Was The Movie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Bad Was The Movie
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next