Eragon Headquarters Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to EragonHQ's official fan forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
http://eragonhq.weebly.com/ - GO THERE - Matt ~ EHQ
Latest topics
» Latest crack software ftp download
Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:55 am by asasq112

Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 am by asasq112

Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 am by asasq112

Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:53 am by asasq112

Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:52 am by asasq112

Top posters
Zeb (4559)
Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_lcapBrom is Eragon's Father I_voting_barBrom is Eragon's Father I_vote_rcap 
Simply Aravelle (3017)
Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_lcapBrom is Eragon's Father I_voting_barBrom is Eragon's Father I_vote_rcap 
eragon5217 (3010)
Emster (2608)
Fish Head (2554)
Rahl (2542)
Domia abr Wyrda (2063)
Elliot (1243)
DeltaFlip (976)
geniusevil (954)

Brom is Eragon's Father

Go down 
+12
Gekor
Emster
Arya #1
Rahl
eragon5217
Simply Aravelle
Domia abr Wyrda
DeltaFlip
Pat Brookhouser
Eragon
Elliot
Zeb
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Is Brom Eragon's Father?
Yes!
Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_lcap38%Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 14 ]
It's possible...
Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_lcap19%Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
I'm undecided
Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_lcap8%Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Probobly not...
Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_lcap5%Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
No!
Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_lcap30%Brom is Eragon's Father I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

Brom is Eragon's Father Empty
PostSubject: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:09 am

I, like many other Inheritance fans, believe that Brom is Eragon's father. I think that when Selena left Morzan's castle for no apparent reason, she met Brom and fell in love with him. She then got pregnant with him, but she didn't want anyone to know, so she left Eragon with Garrow. Selena then returned to Morzan's castle, trying to act like nothing happened. But Brom moved to Carvahall to watch over Eragon. He didn't tell Eragon because he beleived that training Eragon to defeat Galbatorix and save all of Alagaesia was more important than sharing a special moment with his son. Brom thought that telling Eragon would be too much of a distraction during his training. But, he told Saphira. Remember, in "Eragon" when Saphira said to Eragon that Brom had told her lots of secerets, and she must only reveal them when the time is right.

Here's some more evidence that supports this theory:

Brom said that he knew Selena "well enough to miss her when she was gone".
Near the end of "Eldest", Saphira seems to know without a doubt what Brom's intentions of living in Caverhall were, but she wont tell Eragon.
Both Brom's and Eragon's dragons were named Saphira.
Oromis tells Eragon that he really reminds him of Brom.

What do you think of this theory?
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: No way!!!!   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Sorry i have to disagree, yes there is sooooo much that fits on this matter and i think before the end of Eldest people would have been stupid not to thing that but after Murtagh has sworn in the ancient language there is no doubt Morzan is Eragons father.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eragonhq.com
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: I disagree   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:27 am

The problem with the Ancient Language is that you do not necessarily have to say what is true, you say what you BELIEVE is true. Galby obviously told Murtagh that Morzan was Eragon's dad because (1) he believed it, (2) he just wanted to mess with Eragon's mind, or (3) he wanted to try to turn him to the bad side or something. Then Murtaugh believed him and told Eragon.
For example, in "Eragon" Eragon tells Arya (in the Ancient Language) "I am a Rider and a friend." But he is not necessarily her friend. He doesn't know if she is good or evil. He just assumes that he will be her friend because Brom thinks that she is trustworthy. Likewise, Murtaugh believes that Morzan is Eragon's father just because that's what Galby told him. We know that Galbatorix is a very persuasive man, and I think that it would have been easy for him to make Murtaugh believe anything.

I mean, besides the AL thing, is there anything else that contradicts my theory?
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: Hmm good thinking   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:33 am

Fair enough, i think you do have a very valid point and it would add a certain twist to the whole storyline but, i dont think Paolini would do that it is just to big of a twist and if Murtagh and Eragon are family it would explain why they are both riders because they share blood.

I dont think Brom is Eragon's father but i dont have any really prof against it other than i would have thought that Brom would have either told Eragon or would have been there for him when his mother left seen as he was in Carvahall at the time or around the time she left i believe.

w.b like to hear what you think.
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:03 am

Nelly wrote:
Fair enough, i think you do have a very valid point and it would add a certain twist to the whole storyline but, i dont think Paolini would do that it is just to big of a twist and if Murtagh and Eragon are family it would explain why they are both riders because they share blood.

I dont think Brom is Eragon's father but i dont have any really prof against it other than i would have thought that Brom would have either told Eragon or would have been there for him when his mother left seen as he was in Carvahall at the time or around the time she left i believe.

w.b like to hear what you think.

Well, they still would be related by Selena, so they would be half-brothers. And why wouldn't CP do that? It would be completely boring if we just had to sit and watch the characters and believe everything that they say and disregard all of these clues that he left us. There is simply too much to ignore.
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: Agreed   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:18 am

I agree there is many clues but i wouldnt be shocked to see that Brom wasnt his father.
Back to top Go down
Eragon

Eragon

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:56 am

Zeb wrote:
I mean, besides the AL thing, is there anything else that contradicts my theory?

Morzan being Eragon's father makes sense because it jives with Angela's prediction of "Betrayal is in your future and it comes from within your family." Meaning Murtagh. Roran won't betray him because he needs his help to find Katrina so this fits. Just a thought Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: Agreed   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:47 pm

yes thats a good point Angela's prediction makes it seem more likely because of that one line...
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 3:50 am

Eragon wrote:
Zeb wrote:

Morzan being Eragon's father makes sense because it jives with Angela's prediction of "Betrayal is in your future and it comes from within your family." Meaning Murtagh. Roran won't betray him because he needs his help to find Katrina so this fits. Just a thought Very Happy

How many times must I say this?! They are still half-brothers! Selena is both of their mothers. So they are still related.
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: Bah   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 3:56 am

Hmm i agree i suppose but then we dont know if it even means murtagh. In the future angela said. Eldest may not be the future. lol people over look that THE FUTURE could be book 3 or 4.
Back to top Go down
Eragon

Eragon

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 3:57 am

If your theory is true, it could also just be a coincidence their mothers had the same name Smile
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: I doubt it   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:47 pm

Eragon wrote:
If your theory is true, it could also just be a coincidence their mothers had the same name Smile

I doubt it. CP wouldn't do that; telling us somthing, then saying "Oh, just kidding! They just had the same name!".
Back to top Go down
Pat Brookhouser

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:57 am

I might be wrong. But didn't Brom also say something about how Elves are so good at the Ancient Language that they can essentially lie with it, even though they tell the truth, like a white lie, but better?
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: YES!   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:43 am

Exactly. And that's how Murtagh lied about Morzan being Eragon's father.

Last edited by Zeb on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeltaFlip

DeltaFlip

PostSubject: Brom is Eragons Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:36 am

I really don't think that this is a likely theory.i mean, would CP really want 2 mess with our minds and confuse us this much?...well, yah, probably, but i still dont agree with this theory
Back to top Go down
Domia abr Wyrda

Domia abr Wyrda

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:37 am

it fits in that brom would be but im kind of thinkin that CP would not do that after makin it so obvious that morzan is his father
Back to top Go down
Simply Aravelle

Simply Aravelle

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:02 am

Brom is SO his dad! Just ask Zeb, he'll shower you in evidence Razz
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.shurtugal.com/viewuser.php?uid=5139
Domia abr Wyrda

Domia abr Wyrda

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:04 am

i wasnt even thinkin he was untill the podcast and now the evidence is pretty daunting so im almost convince brom is his father
Back to top Go down
Simply Aravelle

Simply Aravelle

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:57 pm

lol! That was my very 1st theory I cultivated after reading Eldest!!! I thought about it right after I read it!
Back to top Go down
Domia abr Wyrda

Domia abr Wyrda

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:26 pm

alright alright
you know what im convinced alright BROM IS THE FATHER OF ERAGON
Back to top Go down
Elliot

PostSubject: meh   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:19 pm

I still unconviced to be honest its too like obivious in ways Razz
Back to top Go down
Simply Aravelle

Simply Aravelle

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:19 am

Foolish boy! You'll see, Brom is Eragon's dad...
Back to top Go down
Domia abr Wyrda

Domia abr Wyrda

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:44 am

i just read a post on a different eragon forum supporting brom is his dad and i really am convinced know i mean its all just too convienent
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:23 am

Aravelle wrote:
Foolish boy! You'll see, Brom is Eragon's dad...

YES! I am in the majority on a theory for the first time on this forum. Except on obvious things, like Oromis dying. And Nelly is in the minority, that's a first too.
Back to top Go down
Simply Aravelle

Simply Aravelle

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:31 am

lol! Yes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brom is Eragon's Father   Brom is Eragon's Father I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brom is Eragon's Father
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next