Eragon Headquarters Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to EragonHQ's official fan forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
http://eragonhq.weebly.com/ - GO THERE - Matt ~ EHQ
Latest topics
» Latest crack software ftp download
*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:55 am by asasq112

*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 am by asasq112

*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 am by asasq112

*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:53 am by asasq112

*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:52 am by asasq112

Top posters
Zeb (4559)
*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_vote_lcap*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_voting_bar*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Simply Aravelle (3017)
*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_vote_lcap*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_voting_bar*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
eragon5217 (3010)
Emster (2608)
Fish Head (2554)
Rahl (2542)
Domia abr Wyrda (2063)
Elliot (1243)
DeltaFlip (976)
geniusevil (954)

*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary

Go down 
+7
DeltaFlip
Living A Love Song
eragon5217
Fish Head
EmilyNowell
ElvishPrincess
Zeb
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Fish Head

Fish Head

*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:52 pm

no. I said you NO longer seem like a noob, lyou have now been around long enough that we sort of know who you are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eragonhq.co.cc
EmilyNowell

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:09 am

I know. Thanks. I've been a noob plenty of times before.
Back to top Go down
Fish Head

Fish Head

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:10 am

yeah, same here. I was a lurker here for about 1.5 months.
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:46 am

Well, seing as I joined the forum the day it opened I've never really been a noob here... Smile
Back to top Go down
Fish Head

Fish Head

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:17 am

OH WOW! You REALLY BLEW ME AWAY ZEB!!!!
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:18 am

*bows* why thank you! I really appreciate that, especially coming from someone like you.

lol, I just say your new username!!!! rofl!!! you wwrock!
Back to top Go down
Fish Head

Fish Head

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:21 am

Very Happy king Very Happy so where there any specific detail about my argument that you liked/disliked? I enjoy cunstructive critasism.
Back to top Go down
EmilyNowell

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:27 am

From a critic's point of view, it was a pretty good piece of evidence, but I have some pretty good evidence that will be released soon.
Back to top Go down
Fish Head

Fish Head

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:27 am

Well, put it this way. I could tell you did it a bit rushed (as you said), and I see Nowell's point here:
EmilyNowell wrote:
-When Nasuada was garbed in green, Eragon said she was the most "distinguished". I do see how you are thinking when it comes to her being compared to Saphira. I will have to look into that a little more, but I do not think you have discovered something of very great importance.

But I also agree with you, and I love the quote here:

Quote :
"Nasuada was garbed in a green silk dress that shimmered in the sun, like the feathers on the breast of a hummingbird, in bright contrast to the sable shade of her skin. The sleeves of the dress ended in lace ruffs at her elbows. White linen bandages covered the rest of her arms to her narrow wrists. Of all the men and women assembled before her, she was the most distinguished, like an emerald resting on a bed of brown autumn leaves. Only Saphira could compete with the brilliance of her appearance."

It would appear that I had the wording wrong, but it still holds strong for my point. Here are some key things to note about the passage:

-Nasuada is garbed in green and is compared to an emerald. Eragon's mate will probably be the green dragon rider. And Dragon scales are so often compared to gems (see the quote about Saphira below), like emeralds... something to think about...

-Nasuada is compared to an emerald, while the others, including Arya, are compared to brown leaves. Remember, Eragon is the one thinking all this. He sure does seem to think highly of Nasuada’s appearance, eh?
Although I see Nowell's point that is, shes the most 'distinguished' not the best of anything, but I still think that a lot of waht you sait is purty good proof for me. I could spend a long time re-reading your post, and the whole topic, and constructive crits, but It's late here, so, Goodnight
Back to top Go down
EmilyNowell

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:54 am

Just wait until I pull out my whole speech. It may be a couple of days though because school just started back up.
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks Tom. Smile

And, I eagerly await your "speech", Emily. I'm going to continue my exploration of the nooks and crannies of the Inheritance Cycle, in hopes to pull out some more good quotes that back me up. I've used several of the most obvious E/N quotes, but I've found a few more interesting ones that I'm saving for my counter-counter-attack. I have a feeling that your reply is going to be good, and I need to be prepared...
Back to top Go down
EmilyNowell

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:01 am

That's one person prepared. Okay, I'm somewhat prepared, but not well enogh to post....yet.
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:16 am

Oh, and I hope you adress the "Nasuada and Eragon have similar warm personalities, while Arya is much colder" issue that I brought up. Also, the "Eragon's infatuation with Arya is based mainly on her elven beauty, while Nasuada's freindship with Eragon is based on trust and love (not romantic love (yet), brotherly love)" and the "Only Saphira could compete with the brilliance of her appearance" issues.
Back to top Go down
EmilyNowell

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:13 am

I am going to address those subjects. At least most of them for the time being. I especially have something for the "Nasuada and Eragon have similar warm personalities, while Arya is much colder", don't worry. I'll cover the things you missed. *smiles*
Back to top Go down
eragon5217

eragon5217

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:33 am

wow. This is going great! Good idea on the debate Zeb! Well I still think Zeb will win...
Back to top Go down
http://eragonhq.com
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:16 am

eragon5217 wrote:
wow. This is going great! Good idea on the debate Zeb! Well I still think Zeb will win...

Thanks Jack! Very Happy I hope so too. Though it sounds like there won't be a clear winner until Book Four comes out and Nasuada marries Erago-- ahem, I mean when one of us gets proven right. Smile And Emily is doing really good, so... idk.

EmilyNowell wrote:
I am going to address those subjects. At least most of them for the time being. I especially have something for the "Nasuada and Eragon have similar warm personalities, while Arya is much colder", don't worry. I'll cover the things you missed. *smiles*

I'll assume that you're refering to the discussion between Eragon and Arya around the campfire about how they feel when they kill and such. I'll save the monolauge for the actual debate, but no matter what she said, she used some pretty biting words while talking about Sloan's almost death. And she still calls Eragon a "coward" and a "tool" merely for sparing someones life. And she still shoots that bird when she could have healed it. And she has no hesitation killing EVER in the books (as far as I can remember), while Eragon and Nasuada certainly both have some trouble with killing... just sayin'. *smiles*
Back to top Go down
EmilyNowell

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:31 am

My smile was a I-have-something-up-my-sleeve-smile. fyi
Back to top Go down
Living A Love Song

Living A Love Song

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:46 pm

[quote="Zeb"]Oh, and I hope you adress the "Nasuada and Eragon have similar warm personalities, while Arya is much colder" issue that I brought up. Also, the "Eragon's infatuation with Arya is based mainly on her elven beauty, while Nasuada's freindship with Eragon is based on trust and love (not romantic love (yet), brotherly love)" and the "Only Saphira could compete with the brilliance of her appearance" issues.[/quote]

You're hot and you're cold, you're yes and you're no...xD
Back to top Go down
Fish Head

Fish Head

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:07 pm

lol~~~!!!!!
Back to top Go down
EmilyNowell

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:01 am

I see how that relates. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:55 am

EmilyNowell wrote:

So was mine.

hehe lol sam!
Back to top Go down
EmilyNowell

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:57 am

I know your post was related. I'm not saying it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Zeb
Administrator
Administrator
Zeb

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:58 am

*blink* wait what?
Back to top Go down
EmilyNowell

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:01 am

I don't know. I assumed you were saying your smile was a sceming smile, but whatever.

EmilyNowell wrote:

Zeb wrote:So was mine.

hehe lol sam!

I wasn't sure what the "so was mine" thing was about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary   *Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Zeb vs. Emily Nowell Debate Commentary
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next